The eyes are the camera's of our lives..they will see the past, present, and future and although each of our eyes see the different beauties in life they must still be regarded as the most important part of ourselves! The eyes can help tell stories, see the wrong in life, and allow us to see that everyday is a new day where we can help shape the life of another. The eyes see it all...and when you look deep enough into them...the eyes can tell you everything you have ever wanted to know.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Taboo Photography

A good picture is only as good as the person who is viewing it...right?  I tend to disagree.  As a photographer I look at hundreds of photos from other photographers as well as my own and I love that there is so much diversity!  Looking at photos NEVER gets old! There are so many different types of photographers..landscape, wedding, babies, families, flowers, and the list goes on and on.  Every now and then I run across a photo that catches my eye and I am left thinking about what was happening at that moment.  Was this photographer given a theme? Were they entering a contest?  Or...was this particular photographer going through something that was reflected in a photo? 

Regardless of the reason each and every photo is unique in itself! Recently I was given a theme of "feet" for  a contest.  While most people automatically think of baby feet to photograph I didn't.(Although I have photographed MANY cute little feet)  I have been in much debate about this photo.  The photo is actually quite good...but it depends on whose looking at it as mentioned before. 

The title of this blog is Taboo Photography and it is quite fitting for the next 3 photographs that will be posted below.  Many people are afraid, or at times against, what is considered by some to be Taboo.  Death and drugs as depicted below (no deceased persons or drugs were used during these photos) are often considered to be Taboo.  Reality is though, right now in our lives we are facing the loss of a loved one and  can probably name one person who is dealing with drugs or have been affected by them at one point in their life or another.  I ask you to be open minded while looking at these photos...How do they speak to you?  Can  you relate...or are they...TABOO???


"Tagged for Departure"


"Breaking Addiction"


"Through the Eyes of Drugs"

No comments:

Post a Comment